Saturday, May 16, 2009

New Modest Mouse Music Video "Satellite Skin"



This may be the weirdest music video I've ever seen. There are birdhouses coming to life, alien-bird-creatures with easter eggs for eyes, dancing puppet people, and plenty of other things that I just don't understand. Despite the videos unyielding strangeness, this one of the more simple and laid back songs we've heard from them a while. "Satellite Skin" is a slow burning guitar jam thats easy going, but up-beat. The most promising thing about this song and the new direction of the band is that it seems like they have finally stopped trying too hard. I know that sounds harsh and I really have enjoyed their last couple of releases, but in my opinion they just haven't been able to come close to the level of The Moon & Antarctica. Anywho, "Satellite Skin" is a good time. The video will explode your brain. Enjoy.

2 comments:

Kristie R. said...

I like the birdhouse creatures.

S. Boras said...

The people puppet holes freaked me out