Monday, May 18, 2009

Brand New Black Eyed Peas "Imma Be"



As usual, I only blog in HD.

Call me crazy but I think that the Black Eyed Peas first single of their return to pop prominence "Boom Boom Pow" was a little underproduced and frankly, underwhelming. I certainly enjoyed it but I thought that it took too long for the beat to get where it was going and didn't do as much as it could have once it got there. It's like Will.I.Am, Fergie-Ferg and whoever else is in BEP read my mind. This song "Imma Be" just leaked today and it starts out with a bad-ass, "A Milli" like beat before the second half of the song takes off into a funky, dance groove thing. "Imma Be" puts the repetitive, build-less "Boom Boom Pow" to shame. If you ask me, this is a summer jam. If you don't believe me check it out. If you don't like it right off the bat, wait until the 2:36 mark. The song continues to transform into different movements, each as enjoyable as the last. As my roommate put it "every verse is like a new song". It's a good time. Listen here on Hypem.

No comments: