Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Lollapalooza Countdown Continues! Top 10 Lolla Performances Part 2

I'm back with day two of my Lollapalooza 2009 countdown. With only three days to go, I present to you Part 2 of my countdown of my top 10 favorite Lollaplooza performances. Here we go!


7. The Roots (2007)






6. Sleater-Kinney (2006)



5. Broken Social Scene (2006)

The most amazing thing about Broken Social Scene is that they are more than the sum of their parts. Keep in mind the band is essentially comprised of Stars, Feist, Apsotle of Hustle, Jason Collett, Brendan Canning, and everyone else on the Arts & Crafts label. And when all that talent comes together on stage the result is truly something memorable. I've seen BSS three times, but my favorite performance was when they played at Lollapalooza 2006. Hot off the heals of their self titled release, the band played with all their higher profile members present. When they finished the set with an ever escalating rendition of "Ibi Dreams of Pavement", the crowd (myself included) was so into the performance that the majority of the crowd stayed chanting for more twenty minutes after they finished. Keep in mind no EVER gets an encore except the headliners at Lollapalooza. Even though we never got that 'one more song', the fact that we wanted it so badly is just a tribute to how great a performance they had just given.

Im not sure why some of this was underlined/red. Deal with it. I'll see you tomorrow for part 3.

3 days to go.

No comments: