Monday, July 6, 2009

Walk Man, Walk!



So this is a little different from my usual content but it meets two of my criteria for sharing internet produced content: it has to do with music, and its fucking hysterical. So the basic premise is this, give an iPod savvy 13 year old kid a 30 year old Sony Walkman to use as his portable music player for one week and see what happens. Needless to say, hilarity ensues. You can read the article for yourself
here. Highlights include (and I quote):

"It took me three days to figure out that there was another side to the tape."

"To make the music play, you push the large play button. It engages with a satisfying clunk, unlike the finger tip tap for the iPod."

Its a funny and satisfying little read. Check it out.

1 comment:

Scott Daniel Boras said...

Pretty awesome. Also, I'm still a fan of giving people mix tapes rather than CD's. Give someone special an actual tape with your fav tunes ... That's a lot of love.