Wednesday, July 22, 2009

TV On The Radio's Kyp Malone aka Rain Machine "Give Blood"



My internet has been out for the past few weeks. It turns out, blogging is extremely difficult without internet. But now that I've got smooth and delicious high speed on tap, it's time to get back to work. I give you "Give Blood", the first song to be released from Rain Machine, otherwise known as Kyp Malone of TV On The Radio fame. The self titled Rain Machine debut is due out September 22. For better or for worse, this song falls victim of the classic solo project conundrum. "Give Blood" sounds pretty much like a stripped down version TVOTR, but that isn't necessarily a bad thing. Malone's signature falsetto is instantly recognizable, and with all its similarities to his band's sound I can only wonder what this would have been like if it was a TVOTR track. But whatever doubts I have are easily overcome by the raw power of this mans beard.

Download the mp3 here.

thx 2 p4k

No comments: