Friday, November 17, 2006

Introduction

I am starting this blog to be a place for me to share my thoughts, primarily on the topic of music. I hope that it will be a resource for people who wish to expand their musical horizons. The motivation behind this is simply that I have noticed a stratification amongst music listeners, and I have (foolishly) taken it upon myself to bridge some of the gaps. Far too often I encounter people who either don't know much beyond what is played on Top 40 radio stations or listen exclusively to what Pitchfork Media recommends to them. But at the heart of both of these, and any other music listener for that matter, resides the same thing: an unconditional love for music. I have been a member of each of those parties at some point in my life, but I have since rounded out my taste and landed somewhere in the middle. My goal is to share the music that I fell in love with and hopefully others will enjoy as well. Music is not about sales figures, but rather about the music itself. Whether you like what I write about or not, all I ask is that you keep an open mind. The biggest mistake I ever made, as a music listener, was to put a limit on the types of music I would listen to. I offer these suggestion to be not the supreme law of the land, but simply to be suggestions. Its only my opinion, so feel free to agree or disagree. I will probably be doing reviews of new albums, lists, band features, and whatever else I feel like. Enjoy.

No comments: