Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Fleet Foxes - Mykonos video



A few weeks ago, I went on a crazy CD buying binge and one of the purchases I made was the debut album from Fleet Foxes.  I'll admit that the only reason I picked the album up was because it was Pitchfork Media's album of the year.  I've been pretty displeased with Pitchfork's last few choices of album of the year, but I always make an effort to check it out.  It turned out to be a great decisions.  The debut LP from this super harmonized Seattle based band is nothing short of brilliant.  But I  digress; Fleet Foxes has just released a video for "Mykonos", a song originally released on their Sun Giant EP.  Involving an insane, albeit brilliant, combination of stop-motion photography and origami.  The song itself its pretty consistent with the material from the self-titled debut LP, melodic harmony's and guitar noodling abound. It's a great song with a cool video, check it out.

No comments: