Thursday, October 9, 2008

Fall Out Boy Returns With Yet Another Absurdly Titled Single


Headfirst Slide Into Cooperstown On A Bad Bet is the leatest Fall Out Boy song and it precludes their upcoming album, Folie a Deux set for release on November 4th.  Folie a Deux literally translastes to madness shared by two, and Headfirst Slide Into Cooperstown On A Bad Bet refers to the habitual head-first-slider/gamblin' machine Pete Rose.  Who knew?  I didn't. Luckily, wikipedia did.  Anywho, the song is pretty solid.  If I had to guess the release of this next album will continue the pattern of incredibly fun singles, and relentlessly forgettable album fluff.  However, I should note that the fact that I'm giving them even that much credit shows years of growth and increased tolerance to a band I once dismissed.  Listen via YouTube here

No comments: