Thursday, September 11, 2008

Rockdown!

Kanye West released a new single and has started leaking details about his forthcoming album. The new song is called "Love Lockdown" and it was debuted at the MTV VMA's this past weekend. The songs is a departure from pretty much all of his previous material, but I like it. Coming off of the larger than life egotism of "Stronger" and the whole Graduation album, I'm surprised but none the less, incredibly intrigued by this new direction. The song is comprised of a pulsing beat, rythmic piano and what I can only assume is a robot clone of Kanye West. Either that or a vocoder. It's weird, it's simplistic, and I like it. Check it out.
Listen to the stream on Kanye West's blog or download the mp3 here.

(BONUS: Check out Ye's sweet post on a Heath Ledger Joker action figure. What a baller. On top of the world, and he's blogging about toys. Baller.)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Heath Ledger action figures? Too soon I say.